Tuesday, September 17, 2013

You Gotta Step Up Your Game To Make It To The Top

You Gotta Step Up Your Game To Make It To The Top



One of the most exciting moments of the colder months is when I can finally start to break out my darker clothing items! I absolutely adore cranberry reds, hunter greens, and deeper lilacs, and especially love the warmer colors in the fall/winter time. When I saw this this sweater, I KNEW it was the perfect gem! I paired it with a pretty floral creme skater skirt, and a basic black top. This Tory Burch Necklace is so tres chic, and I love long pendants- they can "balance out" wearing different pieces being layered. The outfit is quite casual, and can be dressed up or down. The layering of bracelets is a nice touch, and you can replace the heels with anything, depending on the vibe you want to give out or where you'll be going. The structure of Micheal Kors' Selma bag is perfect, and the colors balance the outfit out well. 

One thing I always try not to do is over-power one color, and layer the accordingly. The cranberry sweater works as a good color barrier between the creme skirt and the black top, which also happens to to the same color of the bag. See what I did there? :)

Overall, I really love this look; the sweater looks super comfortable, and the colors are PERFECT for fall and winter! Being comfortable is so important when it's cold out, and this outfit is simply an adorable way to do it!

What do you think of this outfit- doesn't it make you want to just curl up with a good book? 

xxx, Layla 



No comments:

Post a Comment